In our mission to make life-saving data available to first responders, RapidSOS always strives to make the best possible tools accessible to every public safety agency. Today RapidSOS is excited to release a new solution that makes accurate location data available to any Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP), without the need to install any software.
RapidSOS Portal: A Simple Way to Access the RapidSOS Clearinghouse
What is the RapidSOS Clearinghouse?
RapidSOS offers accurate mobile location and additional rich data to PSAPs at no cost through the RapidSOS Clearinghouse, a NENA i3 Compliant location information server (LIS) and additional data repository (ADR).
We’ve partnered with every major public safety technology provider to integrate data from the RapidSOS Clearinghouse into existing PSAP software, dashboards, and workflows. Location and situational data appears in CAD, mapping, or call-taking software as additional information, supplementing the ALI location.
Deployment of the RapidSOS Clearinghouse requires a PSAP to update their existing software to a supported version through their vendor. Data from the RapidSOS Clearinghouse will then automatically flow into their dashboards.
“The introduction of this additional tool to access fast and more accurate device location is exciting for public safety,” said Bruce Romero, Executive Director of the Arapahoe County 9-1-1 Authority, Littleton, CO. “RapidSOS Portal puts the power in the 9-1-1 center’s hands to utilize life-saving data from the NG911 Clearinghouse to improve emergency response.”
Should my agency use RapidSOS Portal?
Your agency should if:
- The current version of your agency’s call-handling, CAD, or mapping software does not yet support the Clearinghouse integration
- You are waiting for your vendor to deploy the Clearinghouse integration
- You are evaluating, or are in the process of, installing the full integration
RapidSOS Portal allows every agency to access data from the RapidSOS Clearinghouse, regardless of the compatibility of existing software.
Here’s how it works:
- During a live 9-1-1 call, dispatchers can launch RapidSOS Portal as a separate window
- Simply enter the caller’s mobile number in RapidSOS Portal
- Instantly access the caller’s location data from the RapidSOS Clearinghouse
How to get started:
- Any PSAP can sign up to request access for their agency at no cost at www.RapidSOSPortal.com
- Once requested, RapidSOS will validate the PSAP and authorize access for data in the PSAP’s geographic jurisdiction.
- Once approved by the RapidSOS team, the PSAP can assign authorized dispatchers and call-takers to sign on to RapidSOS Portal for immediate access to data from the NG911 Clearinghouse
Feel free to contact the RapidSOS team for any other questions at email@example.com.