[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]RapidSOS partners with Motorola Solutions to provide public safety agencies that use CallWorks CallStation, VESTA® 9-1-1 or VESTA® Map Local applications with accurate location and additional data from the RapidSOS Clearinghouse.
- An overview of the RapidSOS Clearinghouse
- Images of the CallWorks RapidSOS Clearinghouse integration
- VESTA RapidSOS Clearinghouse integration
- Quick steps to receive the integration
The RapidSOS Clearinghouse is a NENA i3 compliant Location Information Server (LIS) and Additional Data Repository (ADR) that is accessible to authorized PSAPs through integrations into all major call-taking equipment, mapping software & CAD products.
Through the RapidSOS Clearinghouse, PSAPs can securely access device-based location information from enabled smartphones without the need for the caller to use an app, resulting in faster and more accurate location than Phase 2 information currently available.
When a CallWorks system (4.2 and higher) is configured with RapidSOS integration and RapidSOS location data is available for an inbound wireless 9-1-1 call, that data is displayed on the ALI Results sub-tab in the Call window of the Call Screen and an ANI / ALI | RapidSOS button is added to the rightmost side of the ALI Results sub-tab.
The ANI / ALI | RapidSOS button allows call takers to switch between the ANI / ALI provided information and the RapidSOS provided information.
The information displayed includes:
- RapidSOS Number Information – Displays the calling number and callback number.
- RapidSOS Location Information – Displays X and Y map coordinates as provided by RapidSOS. If available, displays the caller’s name and address.
- Telephony Information – Displays the time of the last update and the degree of uncertainty. When a CallWorks system is configured with the RapidSOS integration and RapidSOS location data is available for an inbound wireless 9-1-1 call, a RapidSOS uncertainty circle may be displayed on the Map Screen in addition to the ALI uncertainty circle (as shown below). Displayed in red with dashed red lines, the RapidSOS uncertainty circle surrounds the area of the RapidSOS reported position.
To demonstrate the integration, RapidSOS and Motorola Solutions performed comparative location testing in Cedar County, Iowa. The test consisted of 25 calls to 9-1-1, all through the phone’s native dialer – no app required! The location was captured through traditional 9-1-1 location mechanisms and was compared to device-based location sent to the RapidSOS Clearinghouse.
These were the results:
The RapidSOS Clearinghouse directly integrates into the newly launched VESTA Map Local.
“Having greater location accuracy will make a huge difference… From the Calltakers’ perspective, if they can’t get an accurate location on the map, they can’t dispatch to the right location. It’s all about location.” – Bob Finney, 9-1-1 Communications Director, Collier County Sheriff’s Office
The RapidSOS Clearinghouse directly integrates into VESTA 9-1-1 Release 7.1.
When will location be enhanced?
When a call comes in from an enabled smartphone, Telecommunicators will see location in the Enhanced Data Window (in addition to the ALI).
Where does the enhanced data come from?
In an emergency, precise location and rich data (when available) is transmitted to the RapidSOS Clearinghouse from devices with a RapidSOS integration.
Follow these quick steps to receive the RapidSOS Clearinghouse integration in your CallWorks system.
- Fill out the credential request form here.
- Contact your CallWorks representative to upgrade to the correct version
Follow these quick steps to receive the RapidSOS Clearinghouse integration in your VESTA product.
- Fill out the credential request form here
- Contact your Service Provider or Motorola Solutions Account Manager to upgrade to the VESTA 9-1-1 R7.1 or to implement VESTA Map Local