Our team had a great time at the 2016 NENA Conference in Indianapolis this week. We had the chance to meet and connect with tons of movers and shakers in the field: PSAPs, industry organizations, vendors, and service providers, all bringing their new ideas and technology to the conversation. We’ve been talking to so many individuals from PSAPs across the country for months, it was fantastic to finally meet so many in person (some even brought us chocolate!). Here are a few other highlights from our time at NENA 2016:
- Our demonstration with Airbus DS Communications (home of VESTA) was a huge success and led to many meaningful discussions around the benefits our partnership will provide.
- PSAPs as well as industry organizations told us how much they appreciate that we are working collaboratively with them, providing opportunities for training and testing, and listening to their feedback. Every moment at NENA 2016 was an opportunity to connect with folks and discuss how we can solve this challenge together.
- We hosted a very successful Young Professionals Mixer with over 200 attendees at Victory Field, where everyone enjoyed a minor league baseball game and networking.
- We have great momentum following our NG911 interconnection demo — lots of excitement within the industry that we’re taking the lead on this.
- We announced our RapidSOS 9-1-1 Heroes Award! This award is an opportunity to acknowledge and support the crucial work of 9-1-1 call takers. We want to share with the world stories that inspire and demonstrate the amazing job that 9-1-1 call takers do every day. Nominate a 9-1-1 call taker here!
Thanks to everyone we had a chance to meet! We’re already looking forward to the NENA 2017 Conference in San Antonio.