I’m excited to announce that RapidSOS has raised $30M in Series B funding to further our mission to transform global emergency communication. This round further accelerates our work with public safety over the past six months:
- Providing life-saving data for a majority of U.S. 9-1-1 calls
- Powering hundreds of millions of connected devices through work with Apple, Google, Microsoft, Uber, and Waze
- Collaboration with over 30 leading public safety software vendors to ensure rich data is integrated into existing emergency response software and procedures
- Broad adoption of the RapidSOS Clearinghouse – now providing life-saving data for over 1,500 public safety agencies nationwide covering over 180 million people
This funding round brings the total investment behind RapidSOS’ emergency technology platform to $65M – one of the largest R&D investments in public safety technology in recent history.
The financing was led by Playground Global – a leading Silicon Valley firm focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing technological challenges. Joining Playground are top thought leaders in tech, telecom, and emergency response, including current or former leadership of Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Vodafone, Lucent, Raytheon, Virgin Group, the FCC, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and Harvard University.
A Secure Platform for Life-Saving Emergency Data
This would never have been possible without the thousands of public safety officials who worked with us to develop this technology over the past six years, including many of the largest public safety agencies in the country such as Los Angeles, Washington DC, Phoenix, and Denver. The result is a transformation in data available to 911 and first responders in an emergency.
Our team is driven by the stories of lives saved with this technology. From a mother and her children stranded in the woods after a car crash in rural South Carolina, to a kidnapping victim, to a suicidal caller who was saved in time, to a boat crash in San Francisco Bay, thousands of 911 telecommunicators are using this data to save lives every day.
If you are a public safety agency that isn’t yet receiving this data – sign up to receive it for free today!
RapidSOS Emergency API: Connecting Your Users to 911 and First Responders
Sitting behind hundreds of millions of devices, RapidSOS’ Emergency API links any connected device directly to 911 and first responders with rich data.
Some examples of how IoT partners are leveraging this technology:
- Health monitoring – link data from digital health wearables directly to an ambulance in an emergency
- Vehicle crash response – life-saving telematics data directly to 911 and first responders
- Home security – smoke density, temperature, multimedia directly to police/fire responders
- Mobile – fast, accurate location during a live 911 call
Request a meeting if you’d like to link life-saving data from your device directly to 911 and first responders in an emergency!
Interested in joining our team? Visit our careers page to see our openings: www.rapidsos.com/careers