There’s so much to keep track of when you’re a new parent. It’s a time of exploration, exhilaration, and exhaustion, just to name a few of the emotions that many new parents experience. Here are some apps that can help you during pregnancy, childbirth and infancy. You’ll also find some apps on this list that specifically help you with health and safety during pregnancy and for your newborn.
- For overall health and wellness: WebMD Baby
- The WebMB Baby app allows you to track your baby’s development and has physician-approved articles, videos, and tips. Features include emergencies and illnesses section, “Ask a Pediatrician” and a guide to infant doctors visits.
- For pregnancy: The Bump Pregnancy and Newborn tracker
- The Bump is a “week-by-week pregnancy and newborn tracker” with articles, checklists, extensive Q&As, videos, a community section and much more. The weekly updates give you the relative size of your baby in relatable terms, from appleseed to plum to pumpkin!
- Medication use during pregnancy and breastfeeding: InfantRisk Center Health Care Professional Mobile Resource
- Developed by Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center’s InfantRisk Center, this app provides information about prescription and non-prescription medications and their safety during pregnancy and breastfeeding. It includes safety ratings and other information on more than 20,000 drugs.
- For fertility: Ovia Fertility
- If you are trying to conceive, Ovia is a free app that can help you track important information. It includes an ovulation calendar, expert articles, charts, and more. It has a clean layout that is easy to get to know quickly. And it even has a “Not trying to conceive mode” that you can switch on!
- During labor: Full Term – Labor Contraction Timer, Pregnancy Reference & Kick Counter
- When the big day comes, you can use this app to keep track of contractions, meaning there’s one fewer thing for you to worry about.
- For breastfeeding: MammaBaby – Breastfeeding, Nursing, Bottle Feeding, Baby Milestone Log, Diapers, Growth Chart and Tracker for Newborn
- Track breastfeeding, diaper changes, sleeping and more with this app. Charts help you visualize changes and progress over time. You can also sync the app between phones, so parents and/or caregivers have access to the same information.
- For vaccines: iVaccine
- It can be difficult to keep track of all the vaccines a baby gets in the first year – this app lets you track when vaccines have been administered, contains useful information about the purpose of each vaccine and can send you reminders for upcoming vaccines.
- Baby Food Allergy Tracker
- BiliApp Newborn Jaundice Tool
And for safety and security for your whole family, including new babies, Haven is the best way to reach help when you need it and keep your family connected during an emergency. Get it today!