With Halloween just a couple days away, we wanted to give you a few tips and tricks to keep your family safe when they are trick-or-treating, going to parties/community events, attending parades, or any other Halloween event!
If you didn’t know:
- Twice as many child pedestrians are killed on Halloween night than on any other night of the year
- 77% of parents report being fearful around Halloween
- 40% of parents allow one or more unsafe items in their child’s costume (masks, long/loose clothing, swords, sticks, or other sharp objects)
- Make sure your kids have a buddy to go trick-or-treating with, or accompany them yourself
- Put reflective tape on your child’s costume to help drivers see them
- Throw out candy that came unopened, is homemade, or candy that may present a choking hazard
- Give your kids a flashlight to take with them trick-or-treating
- Remind your kids to never go inside the house of a stranger
- Download the Haven app onto your kid’s phones and teach them how to use it to call 9-1-1 and check in with you on Family Connect (you can see their real-time location and even call 9-1-1 for them if they are in a location you don’t recognize)
Learn more about Haven here and download today (it’s free for a limited time so act fast)!