Effective Date: January 31, 2024
- RapidSOS: means RapidSOS, Inc., a provider of emergency communications services, located at 3 Park Avenue, 22nd Floor, New York, NY 10016, and its affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Agency: means a Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) or Emergency Communications Center (ECC), as defined in the rules of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), requesting access to RapidSOS Emergency Information.
- RapidSOS Emergency Information: means information received by RapidSOS from RapidSOS Emergency Information Providers and provided by RapidSOS to Agency, or exchanged via an authorized third-party integration, or provided directly by the Agency or an authorized third-party, including but not limited to supplemental 9-1-1 caller location data, profile data associated with a 9-1-1 caller, or other 9-1-1 incident data.
- Digital Alerts: means alerts from monitoring companies and third parties for specific critical events such as active assailants, train derailments, and alarms.
- RapidSOS Emergency Information Provider: means any person that provides RapidSOS Emergency Information to RapidSOS via wire or radio communications, including without limitation manufacturers of smartphones or other connected devices, operating systems service providers, application service providers, monitoring companies, etc.
Agency explicitly acknowledges that the RapidSOS Emergency Information is provided for informational purposes only and is supplemental to location data provided from other sources, and that RapidSOS Emergency Information should not replace other emergency location information and should not be exclusively relied upon in an emergency scenario. RapidSOS Emergency Information will only be used by Agency to respond to 9-1-1 emergency events. Agency will not use the RapidSOS Emergency Information in any manner or for any purpose that violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law, any right of any person, or use the RapidSOS Emergency Information for any illegal, unauthorized or other improper purposes. Agency specifically authorizes RapidSOS, and each RapidSOS Emergency Information Provider, to provide the other emergency communications services contemplated herein to provision RapidSOS Emergency Information to Agency.
Agency further acknowledges that it has Digital Alerts enabled and may receive relevant alert types. With Digital Alerts, the alert notifying the Agency of an applicable emergency event may be displayed concurrent with a phone call from a Safety Agent or other method. Agency specifically acknowledges that the alert remains for informational purposes only and is supplemental to location data and emergency information from other sources.
For any use of Digital Alerts, you acknowledge and agree:
- Your Agency is specifically requesting data to be presented through the Digital Alerts service and receipt of such data may require changes to your operational workflow when responding to an emergency. RapidSOS shall be held harmless for any liability arising from such use or failure to use.
- Your Agency acknowledges that RapidSOS is only transmitting the data rather than originating the data; therefore RapidSOS cannot guarantee the accuracy of data provided or originated by a third party and shall be held harmless for any liability arising from any use or reliance on such data.
- Your Agency acknowledges that RapidSOS will make reasonable efforts to digitally display requests for dispatch of emergency services and that a phone call request may not be placed.
- Your Agency has been trained on how to use and respond to the Digital Alerts product. This is not to be confused with Supplemental Alerts, where a phone call remains the primary request for service.
- Your Agency acknowledges that RapidSOS does not warrant or represent that all digitally displayed requests through Digital Alerts shall be free of error. Your agency further acknowledges that an act, omission, or failure may occur that prevents notification of a request from being received by your agency. Where an error, act, omission, or failure occurs that prevents notification of a request from being received, RapidSOS shall not be held liable.
- Your Agency acknowledges that false alarms may occur and that RapidSOS makes no warranties or representations, express, implied, or otherwise, as to the validity, accuracy, completeness, or performance of a request for dispatch displayed through the Digital Alerts service. ALL DATA RELATING TO THE DIGITAL ALERTS SERVICE IS PROVIDED “AS IS.”
- You agree that RapidSOS may note that your agency is capable of receiving Digital Alerts and that RapidSOS may use the name of your agency on company materials indicating agencies that may receive Digital Alerts.
Agency acknowledges and agrees that RapidSOS may from time to time monitor, collect, and analyze data arising from the use of the RapidSOS Emergency Information, including, but not limited to, the receipt of requests for dispatch of emergency services, and/or records of actions taken by Agency and configuration, performance, usage, and consumption data relating to the use of RapidSOS services, in order (a) to facilitate the delivery of the RapidSOS Emergency Information or RapidSOS services, (b) improve RapidSOS’s delivery of the RapidSOS Emergency Information, RapidSOS services, and Agency’s experience, (c) provide anonymized data and analytics to current and potential RapidSOS Emergency Information Providers, (d) improve or develop RapidSOS services, and (e) to ensure compliance with the terms of this Agreement. Agency further agrees to share certain data with RapidSOS and third-parties, such as alarm monitoring companies, in order to improve the product offering. RapidSOS shall not share this data with any third person except as explained in this End User License Agreement, as authorized by Agency, and for the purposes of delivering the RapidSOS Emergency Information or to the extent required by a subpoena, court order, agency action, or any other legal or regulatory requirement.
Credentials to Access RapidSOS Emergency Information
Agency hereby requests a unique set of credentials assigned to Agency that will allow Agency to access RapidSOS Emergency Information. Agency acknowledges that Agency is responsible for proper safekeeping of those credentials, and will immediately notify RapidSOS electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org should these unique credentials ever get exposed to unauthorized personnel or otherwise compromised. For security reasons, RapidSOS reserves the right to disable credentials and re-issue new credentials at their sole discretion. In such case, Agency or Agency vendor will be notified by RapidSOS.
RapidSOS may modify the terms of this EULA at any time, with the modifications becoming effective upon the publication of this EULA. Agency will ensure that its Users agree at all times to the most recently published EULA provided by RapidSOS.